Tyvek® 500is composed of flash spun high-density polyethylene which creates a unique, nonwoven material available only from DuPont. They are now available with external serged seams that provide the performance of Type 5/6 garments, which have been tested to standards against light liquid aerosols and airborne solid particles.
The coveralls provide an effective barrier against particles (down to 1.0 micron in size). Tyvek® 500 coveralls are suitable for applications such as pharmaceutical handling, chemical processing, automatic spray painting, maintenance and many others.
Tyvek® 500 Type 5/6 coveralls offer the following safety and comfort benefits:
- Chemical protective clothing, Category III, Type 5-B and 6-B
- EN 1073-2 (protection against radioactive contamination)
- Protection against infective agents (EN 14126) including resistance to penetration by blood and body fluids using synthetic blood (ISO 16603)
- Antistatic treatment (EN 1149-5) - on both sides
- Serged external seams featuring patent-pending technology for enhanced liquid spray tightness
- Very low inward leakage due to optimized design
- Tyvek® auto-lock zipper and storm flap for increased protection
- Elastic face, wrists and ankles as well as glued-in waist elastic